Thursday

Roles

Something has been brewing in the undercurrents of my consciousness lately. Tonight it feels like it just came to the surface and woke me up. Bear with me, as I am in the middle of the thinking process on several thought patterns/issues.
We all have roles in life. Some are thrust upon us, and some are deliberate choices. Either way, it is a choice.We make the choice to choose a role or allow a role to be thrust upon us. We make the choice to reject a role that we should not fill. Some shoes we are not meant to wear. When we choose a role that we were not meant for, what do we do then? How do you deal with resentment? How do you relieve yourself of that role in a way that does not harm those around you? What do you do when you are the person who rejected the role that someone else picked up?
Some roles have been left open, and we feel it should be filled. Is that necessarily required though? Sometimes when one role is vacated, new roles are created or the old role modifies itself to new circumstances.
Do we define the roles or do we let them define us? Can we find a healthy balance between the two?
How do you heal?
I am writing today as the words and thoughts flow through me. I want to get them out while I can so they can be dealt with. Weigh in if you like.
What roles have you chosen and how have you dealt with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with all of us! We should each strive to plant seeds in the lives of others every day and provide nourishment to encourage continued growth.