Friday

Relating

Not everyone relates the same or values the same things. This is okay! You can't expect those close to you to mold their lives around your interests. You also can't have a truly strong, stable relationship with someone when you are molding yourself around them. You can be a strong, independent person with amazing relationships. You can enjoy different things from even your closest friends without them having to be in every moment of your life.
Some rougher moments in my life this week have coincided with thinking about Sex and the City this week. What I love about this show is the friendships of four fabulous, strong, unique women. I love how they relate and take care of each other while increasing themselves as part of the process. I love that they have pieces of their lives that aren't as closely tied to the others and pieces that are integral parts of the relationship. I love that they have other relationships that fill roles in their lives that the ladies could but don't always fill for each other.
If I look back over my TV sitcom history, many of my favorite shows have definitely revolved around this theme - Lipstick Jungle, Designing Women, Sisters, The Cashmere Mafia - to name a few top ranked.
That is all I have for now. I have much more I want to say about some life drama, but first I need to finish processing it before I can release it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with all of us! We should each strive to plant seeds in the lives of others every day and provide nourishment to encourage continued growth.