Saturday

Soul Mates, Kindred Spirits, Bechert

I went to the movies last night and saw "Letters to Juliet." This wonderful movie got me to thinking about soul mates. I used to believe that we had one person that was perfect for us. This thought has become negotiable anymore. I do, however, believe that there are people in this world that our lives would not be the same without. Anne of Green Gables had her kindred spirits. The Nanny used the Yiddish term bechert (meant to be). I know I have met those people throughout my life. That person that you just met that feels like you have known them for your whole life. The person that immediately dives into the depths of the deep end of your soul. These people have greatly influenced my belief that everything happens for a reason. Everything has a purpose, an specific influence, on the path your life is taking. These connections may be simply friendships or love connections. Either way, they are soul connections. They may last five minutes or a lifetime. Regardless, they impact our lives in innumerable and untraceable ways. These are moments to be treasured. These people and our relationships with them should be valued and carefully cultivated. They are the pieces of our dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with all of us! We should each strive to plant seeds in the lives of others every day and provide nourishment to encourage continued growth.