Saturday

A "what in the world?!" dream

I don't dream much. If I do dream, it isn't normal to remember them afterwards. Last night, I FELT my dream. (I may not explain all of the references as the main point comes a tad later.) It start off odd enough in a long connected YWAM type living situation in some sort of a educational setting . Somehow my locked refrigerator with beer is opened by force by breaking the lock (??). Then I wind up going to the store at three a.m. with one of the heads or something like that. Apparently I am not in trouble, but I have no clue why we went to the store at that time. I am also apparently in a very Kansas-like local, flat and dusty. THEN...the tornadoes show up. They first one appears on the left side of the road. She drives off the right side of the road headed for a grove ahead. We seem to be in a small SUV or something like it. Then that one disappears. Next thing I know I am walking (not sure what happened to the woman I am with or the vehicle) along side the road and see a second tornado.I lay in a shallow depression next to the road as the tornado is headed for me. Here is where it gets weird. I feel the force of the wind as the first wall crosses over me. Then I feel and get the sense of utter calm as the center crosses over. Then, I really feel the tornado trying to lift me and my response of trying to suction cup myself to the earth. The tornado hands out there for a few more eternal feeling seconds trying to pry me from the ground. I am thinking of my momma, singing Amazing Grace to keep calm, and praying. Then the tornado leaves. I proceed to crawl towards town, which is in front of me, as I am feeling slightly paranoid that the tornado might come back for me now. I come to the covered entrance and the woman I was with comes out of a house with partially collapsed porch covering. I come in the house with her and assume we are going to the basement for safe cover.
For those I lost or who fell asleep, you can come back to reality with me now. I am used to really unusual situations or relationships featuring themselves in my rare dreams. However, outside of dream where I am swimming in the ocean with brightly colored fish (seriously, that is all I remember...odd), I have never felt a physical real-time reaction like I did with this dream. The pull of the winds and the eerie calm at the center of the storm was very real to me. It is going to be a while, if ever, that I can explain this dream. I just hope to never physically feel a dream like I did last night. That was way creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with all of us! We should each strive to plant seeds in the lives of others every day and provide nourishment to encourage continued growth.